воскресенье, 5 октября 2014 г.

Nagaarum - "The humanity disappears in the last days and this extinction is inevitably" (Gabor Toth)


Nagaarum is the individual project of Gabor Totam who is the multinstrumentalist and the generator of mad musical ideas  by origin from the small Hungarian town the Tortel. Despite the modest the place in the European discharge Hungary doesn't cease to please with musical openings in the form of little-known performers who work on the underground stage day and night. And here one from them now will tell for us about own creative achievements and about the latest album is named the "Rabies Lisa" which became recent reveletion for the Moscow label the GSProd.

Hi, Nagaarum, I have for you one tempting offer - at me appeared a desire to talk with you concerning that you are engaging within the your "child" named is Nagaarum and to acquaint with your music our readers.

Hi, thanks for the interest!


I will begin with the general question - how was making this project? Do you participate in any collateral projects? 

The Nagaarum as a project was established in 2008. But it's name was "Pigballoon", because in that time I would have liked to make a one-man band which composes music is similar to 70's of the Pink Floyd. But I was contacted an illness called black metal, and I decided to change the name. Pigballon sounded too soft for a harsch and raw musical concept. Anyway I have two other bands beside the Nagaarum. GuilThee is an eclectic/avant-garde metal band with four members founded in 2006. And the other formation is the In Vacuo which established 2013, and we are collaborating with my editor matein the Femforgacs Hungarian Metal Website . In Vacuo plays abstract/atmospheric black/death metal.




Within stage of your creative activity you have pretty extensive discography. 11 albums! To think only! I consider that for 6 years, in which current you work with Nagaarum, it is very much decently. Tell how may you work so fruitfully? Have you a good muse or simply have you a lot old materials, which you decided to realize in the albums? 

Due to I don't give live shows I have more much time to compose new themes. Composing is in progress continuously in my musical lab. It is not a burden but a hard work. I have spent time in the past to learn how the electronic stuffs work, and I had to study the secrets of the mixing/mastering. And of course I practiced hard playing on different instruments. I haven't got a precise or very fast techniques nevertheless. I try to use simply ways to make mood.


Maybe have you a good muse or simply have you a lot old materials, which you decided to realize in the albums?

Both and neither. I don't really work with old materials. Generally all the Nagaarum albums contains new themes except in a few parts... And the muse of mine is the nature, and space. When I come home from the forest I am full of impressions...



And what about split the "Kuiper" with the Dreams After Death? As you got acquainted with Andras Illes and why you decided to show oneself with him on one opus?

Andras is a very talented young guy who has definite opinion about the music and the world. I am not really in the funeral doom genre before I met him. So despite the fact that he is younger than me, I think I learnt from him a lot of. So after I write the "Oort" and "Oort II". Albums the idea was born to do something together with him. I don't remember who shot out the idea anyway...













"Ambient, Noise, Electronic, Experimental Doom, Dark Ambient, Black Metal" - such tags i met on musical sites where there are links to your music. Everyone calls Nagaarum's style in own way, but in what direction do you relate your creativity? 

Hmmm... It is a problematic question because I can't move away far enough emotionally from my songs to measure them. I use to say: my songs represent some of eclectic musical style.


Is it somewhere possible to find lyrics of your songs? It would allow to understand completely sense and to like your musical paradigm. 

Yes, I will finish the upload the song lyrics to my website soon, and I aimed to translate them in English.


Now lets talk about your last release. As far the "Rabies Lyssa" differs from the previous albums in the conceptual plan, doesn't? And why you christened this work such name which designates the viral disease called by rage? 

Maybe differs but there are some similar moments to the former ones. I very like to read about natural disasters, and I think the disasters as the category include the epidemics as well. My former album the "Eventvm Fataly" tells a short stories about nine natural disasters (hurricane, tornado, volcano, gamma-ray flash, earthquake, epidemic, tsunami, impact, sun crown eruption). I feel that the epidemic is a good subject for a concept story.


Album's design is interesting and unusual. I say about a horrible picture on cover, with the represented bed which has been thrown out on the middle of the street any gloomy small towns...maybe such cover has to inform something for listeners, supporting his imagination specifical image of any chaos or something like that? 

The empty bed symbols the despondency which people feel when a rabies epidemic eradicates the mankind. The humanity disappears in the last days and this extinction is inevitably. The first track is an outlook - how does people live in the modern society day by day... In the second one I would like to show, how does the infected human feel itself when start the first symptoms of the rabies disease. The third part ("Embertornado hatalomatvetel" = Human-tornado) is the rage in the second stage of the rabies. The rabies is a fatal illness no one survives. And the final song on the album is the big close - the physical death. The death of an individual person and the death of the human race. Extinction.




As far as I know, split "Kuiper" and a latest album of "Rabies Lyssa" were not so long ago are published in Russia. What brought you on GS Production label? 

I have some conditions when I look for a label: 
1. I need that the mp3 versions of my songs can be downloadable because of the spreading and promotion. 
2. If I offer the product of my mind to a label, I will expect the releasing on manufactured CDs, not on the burned discs. I have no problem with the burned CD-s but I can burn them in my PC so I don't need a label for this.
3. And of course the GS Production work with private budget. GS doesn't exploit the bands, the method is very correct, the fulfillment is precise.


Maybe these works were published earlier? If it so, that their re-releases differ from initial versions? 

No. The "Kuiper" and the "Rabies Lyssa" have never released before the GS releasing. My albums use to release in electronic format first but as an author's edition. Both of this albums' first physical releasing managed by GS.


On your official page there are links for downloading of all your 11 albums. It that - such way of advance of your art? 

I think that in the 21st century no one buys physical format but the collectors only. So I will increase my audience easier if I offer my albums free in mp3 format. Enhanced audience = more collector = more CDs sold. 


Are you excited by sales of your releases and in general, what do you think of commercial aspect in creativity? 

Commercial aspect in nowadays? Are you kidding me? :-) So I will be happy if I don't make deficit to my label...


Do you involve in record of the albums sessional musicians or you prefer to work independently? 

I work unaccompanied. I do everything in the Nagaarum project (composing, recording, vocals, artworks, videos, homepage) and it will not change. Nagaarum is my lonely journey.


Are there any personal moments or have you any other sources inspiration in your music? 

It is various, but not too specific. So I don't really share about anything of my personal struggles or problems. Nature, space and the science are more interesting.


Why Nagaarum created such mysterious image? 

Because I would like to emphasize my music mainly and not the surface... My face or my personality is irrelevant and less interesting than you think.


Thanx!!!!

The pleasure is mine!


                                           

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий